Right here’s an fascinating growth. Google Voice and Siri can now work collectively on iOS to make calls and ship messages, however that’s not the case with Google Assistant. Sure, you learn that proper. Siri has overwhelmed Google’s personal Assistant to the punch. In case you depend on a Google Voice quantity, the most recent iOS app replace permits for built-in Siri assist. You’ll be able to each make calls and ship messages with voice instructions, bypassing direct interplay with the app itself.
Integrating Google Voice with Siri:
- Go to settings in your iOS system and faucet Siri & Search.
- Activate Pay attention for “Hey Siri” or Press House for Siri, after which Allow Siri.
- From settings, within the listing of put in apps, faucet the Google Voice app. Then merely activate Use with Siri.
Use phrases to ask Siri to make calls or ship messages through Google Voice:
- “Hey Siri, call Bob on Google Voice”
- “Hey Siri, send a message on Google Voice”
Though it’s shocking that Siri has integration like this earlier than Google Assistant, it additionally probably signifies that a comparable Android replace is simply across the nook. Android Auto presently helps Google Assistant/Voice integration, in order that’s one thing.